The LifeKeeper for Linux Samba Recovery Kit provides fault resilient protection for Samba file and print shares on a Linux server existing in a heterogeneous network. This enables a failure on the primary Samba server to be recovered on a designated backup server without significant lost time or human intervention.
This guide contain the following topics:
- Requirements. A description of the hardware and software necessary to properly setup, install, and operate the Samba Recovery Kit. Refer to SIOS Protection Suite Installation Guide for specific instructions on how to install or remove LifeKeeper for Linux software.Samba Recovery Kit .
- Samba Recovery Kit Overview. Provides a brief description of the Samba Recovery Kit’s features and functionality.
- Configuring the LifeKeeper for Linux Samba Recovery Kit. A description of the procedures required to properly configure the Samba Recovery Kit.
- LifeKeeper Configuration Tasks. A description of the tasks for creating and managing your Samba resource hierarchies using the LifeKeeper GUI.
- Samba Hierarchy Administration. Provides information about tasks that may be required after your Samba resources are created.
- Troubleshooting. A list of LifeKeeper for Linux error messages including a description for each.
Documentation and References
The following LifeKeeper product documentation is available from SIOS Technology Corp.:
This documentation, along with documentation associated with optional LifeKeeper Recovery Kits, is available on the SIOS Technology Corp. website at: