Install the SAP DB /MaxDB software on all servers in the cluster using identical parameters/settings. Refer to the SAP DB Installation Guide for details. The following are additional recommendations to ensure that SPS will work with SAP DB / MaxDB:
- A non-root system user (OS User) must exist on all servers as follows:
- This OS User should be designated as the owner of the SAP DB / MaxDB software installation and subdirectories or have adequate permissions on the software installation path and subdirectories as required to manage a database instance.
- This OS User must have authority to use the DBMCLI and x_server utilities. The OS User must be able to start and stop the vserver using the x_server commands.
- The OS User name should contain alpha-numeric characters only.
- The User ID and Group ID of this OS User must be identical on all servers.
- The SAP DB / MaxDB client software packages must be installed. These packages must include the SAP DB / MaxDB DBMCLI client utility, and the SAP DB / MaxDB x_server utility.
- Each SPS server containing an SAP DB resource hierarchy must have identical service entries in the /etc/services file for the SAP DB instance.