Here we will discuss how to switch between nodes using an Elastic IP address by creating an entry that points to the active node.
Assign Permission to Update Route Table Entries to Instances
You will also need to acquire an Elastic IP. In the example below the Elastic IP address is 22.214.171.124. Note that this IP address is an example value.
Creating an EC2 Resource (Elastic IP Scenario)
Complete the following steps to create an EC2 resource using the Elastic IP (Frontend Cluster) scenario.
- Select “Amazon EC2” as the Recovery Kit.
- On the “Create Resource Wizard @ node-a”, specify the following values.
|EC2 Resource Type||Elastic IP (Frontend Cluster)|
|Elastic IP|| Select an available Elastic IP from the list.
For example, 126.96.36.199
|EC2 Resource Tag||ec2-188.8.131.52|
- On “Pre-Extend Wizard” specify the following values:
- Once Pre-Extend is completed, move on to “Extend comm/ec2 Resource”. Select “ec2-184.108.40.206”.
- Once “Hierarchy successfully extended” is displayed, the creation of the resource is complete.
- The EC2 resource is now created as shown below.
Thanks for your feedback.
Post your comment on this topic.