Your LifeKeeper configuration must meet the following requirements prior to the installation of LifeKeeper for Linux PostgreSQL Recovery Kit. Please refer to the SPS for Linux Installation Guide for specific instructions regarding the installation and configuration of your LifeKeeper hardware and software.
- Servers – Servers should be configured in accordance with the requirements described in the SPS for Linux Technical Documentation and the SPS for Linux Release Notes.
- IP Network Interface Cards – Each server requires at least one Ethernet TCP/IP-supported network interface card. Remember, however, that best practice is for a LifeKeeper cluster to have at least two communication paths. Two separate LAN-based communication paths using dual independent sub-nets are recommended for heartbeats, and at least one of these should be configured as a private network. Using a combination of TCP and TTY heartbeats is also supported.
- TCP/IP Software – Each server in your LifeKeeper configuration requires TCP/IP Software.
- PostgreSQL Software – The same version of the PostgreSQL software must be installed on all servers in the cluster. The PostgreSQL software can be downloaded from one of the mirrors available at http://www.postgresql.org/download.
- LifeKeeper software – It is imperative that you install the same version of the LifeKeeper software and apply the same versions of the LifeKeeper software patches to each server in your cluster.
- LifeKeeper for Linux PostgreSQL Recovery Kit – The PostgreSQL Recovery Kit is provided on the SPS for Linux Installation Image File (sps.img) via ftp download. It is packaged, installed and removed via Red Hat Package Manager, rpm: