Your LifeKeeper configuration must meet the following requirements prior to the installation of the LifeKeeper for Linux NAS Recovery Kit. Please see SIOS Protection Suite Installation Guide for specific instructions regarding the configuration of your LifeKeeper hardware and software.
- Servers – LifeKeeper for Linux supported servers configured in accordance with the requirements described in SIOS Protection Suite Installation Guide and SPS for Linux Release Notes.
- IP Network Interface Cards – Each server requires at least one Ethernet TCP/IP-supported network interface card. Remember, however, that a LifeKeeper cluster requires two communications paths; two separate LAN-based communication paths using dual independent sub-nets are recommended for heartbeats, and at least one of these should be configured as a private network. Using a combination of TCP and TTY heartbeats is also supported.
- TCP/IP software – Each server in your LifeKeeper configuration requires TCP/IP software.
- LifeKeeper Software – It is imperative that you install the same version of the LifeKeeper for Linux software and apply the same versions of the LifeKeeper for Linux software patches to each server in your cluster.
- LifeKeeper for Linux NAS Recovery Kit – The NAS Recovery Kit is provided on the SPS Installation Image File (sps.img). It is packaged, installed and removed via the Red Hat Package Manager, rpm. The following rpm file is supplied on the SPS Installation Image File (sps.img):
- Linux software – Each server in your cluster must have the util-linux package installed and configured prior to configuring LifeKeeper and the LifeKeeper NAS Recovery Kit. The NAS Recovery Kit requires version 2.9u or later of the util-linux package to assure proper functionality.
Please see the SIOS Protection Suite Installation Guide for specific instructions on the installation and removal of the LifeKeeper for Linux software.