The LifeKeeper GUI is included in the steeleye-lkGUI software package which is bundled with the LifeKeeper Core Package Cluster. The steeleye-lkGUI package:
- Installs the LifeKeeper GUI Client in Java archive format.
- Installs the LifeKeeper GUI Server.
- Installs the LifeKeeper administration web server.
Note: The LifeKeeper administration web server is configured to use Port 81, which should be different from any public web server.
- Installs a Java policy file in /opt/LifeKeeper/htdoc/ which contains the minimum permissions required to run the LifeKeeper GUI. The LifeKeeper GUI application uses the java.policy file in this location for access control.
- Prepares LifeKeeper for GUI administration.
Before continuing, you should ensure that the LifeKeeper GUI package has been installed on the LifeKeeper server(s). You can enter the command rpm -qi steeleye-lkGUI to verify that this package is installed. You should see output including the package name steeleye-lkGUI if the GUI package is installed.