- The IndepDataPath, IndepProgPath and DependPath are locally installed on both servers.
- Each database is configured on separate shared disks. The database instance includes all log device spaces, system device spaces and data device spaces.
- The RUNDIRECTORY for each database instance is also on a shared disk.
- The database configuration files for DB1 have been copied to Server 2 and the database configuration files for DB2 have been copied to Server 1. The configuration files are located at <IndepDataPath>/config/<db instance>.
- Initially, Server 1 runs DB1 and Server 2 runs DB2. In a switchover situation, one server can run both databases.
Thanks for your feedback.