This section provides an example of an Active/Standby Configuration. In this configuration, Server 1 is considered active because it is running NFS and exporting the file system. If Server 1 fails, Server 2 mounts and exports the file system automatically.
Active/Standby Configuration Example
- The NFS software must be installed on both servers.
- The underlying file system (File System A) must be on a shared (or replicated) disk.
- The NFS export point is /home/test.
- The exported file system must have the same mount point on both Server 1 and Server 2.
- Server 2 cannot access files and directories on the shared disk while Server 1 is active.
Creating a Resource Hierarchy to Server 1:
Extending a Resource Hierarchy to Server 2:
|Tag to Extend:||nfs-/home/test|
Thanks for your feedback.
Post your comment on this topic.