Once you have completed the setup tasks described in the previous section, you are ready to create and extend your SAP MaxDB resource hierarchies.
The following tasks are available for configuring the SPS for Linux SAP MaxDB Recovery Kit:
- Create Resource Hierarchy – Creates an SAP MaxDB resource hierarchy
- Delete Resource Hierarchy – Deletes an SAP MaxDB resource hierarchy
- Extend Resource Hierarchy – Extends an SAP MaxDB resource hierarchy from the primary server to the backup server
- Unextend Resource Hierarchy – Unextends (removes) an SAP MaxDB resource hierarchy from a single server in the SPS cluster
Please refer to your SPS for Linux Technical Documentation located on the SIOS Technology website for instructions on configuring your LifeKeeper Core resource hierarchies.
- Create a Resource Dependency. Creates a parent/child dependency between an existing resource hierarchy and another resource instance and propagates the dependency changes to all applicable servers in the cluster.
- Delete a Resource Dependency. Deletes a resource dependency and propagates the dependency changes to all applicable servers in the cluster.
- In Service. Brings a resource hierarchy into service on a specific server.
- Out of Service. Takes a resource hierarchy out of service on a specific server.
Note: Throughout the rest of this section, configuration tasks are performed using the Edit menu. You may also perform most of the tasks:
- from the toolbar
- by right-clicking on a global resource in the left pane of the status display
- by right-clicking on a resource in the right pane of the status display
Using the right-click method allows you to avoid entering information that is required using the Edit menu.