Upgrade SIOS Protection Suite/LifeKeeper
- Upgrade SIOS Protection Suite to the latest version on all nodes in the cluster (refer to Upgrading SPS).
- Install the SAP HANA ARK and the required corresponding license on all nodes in the cluster.
Remove SAP HANA Gen/App Resources
- LifeKeeper should be running on all nodes and the gen/app resource hierarchy should be in service.
- Backup the LifeKeeper configuration in case the resource hierarchies need to be restored to the previous settings. To perform the backup execute the following command:
/opt/LifeKeeper/bin/lkbackup -c --cluster
By default the backup file is located at /opt/LifeKeeper/config/archive.<date – yyyymmddhhmm>.tar.gz.
- Right click the SAP HANA gen/app resource hierarchy in the left panel.
- Choose Delete Dependency… if there are any dependencies attached to the gen/app resource (e.g., Virtual IP or AWS EC2 EIP).
- After the dependencies are removed, right click the SAP HANA gen/app resource.
- Choose Delete Resource Hierarchy… to remove the old SAP HANA gen/app resource.
Create and Extend SAP HANA Resource
Create/Extend a SAP HANA resource using the newly installed SAP HANA ARK.
- To create and extend a SAP HANA resource, follow the steps in Creating an SAP HANA Resource Hierarchy and Extending an SAP HANA Resource Hierarchy.
- Once an SAP HANA resource hierarchy is created and extended, if you want to create or re-create any dependencies that were removed in Step 4 above, perform the following steps:
a. Right click the SAP HANA resource hierarchy in the left panel.
b. Choose Create Dependency… to create dependencies in the new SAP HANA resource (e.g., Virtual IP or AWS EC2 EIP) that were attached to the SAP HANA gen/app resource.
- Verify/test the new SAP HANA resource hierarchy by performing the tests found here.
Remove HANA Gen/App Files
To remove the gen/app package from each system, execute the following command:
rpm -e steeleye-lkHOTFIX-HANA-SP1-9.1.0-6538.noarch
Thanks for your feedback.
Post your comment on this topic.