Your SPS configuration must meet the following requirements prior to the installation of SPS for Linux SAP MaxDB Recovery Kit. Please see the SPS for Linux Installation Guide for specific instructions regarding the installation and configuration of your SPS hardware and software.
- Servers – Servers should be configured in accordance with the requirements described in the SPS for Linux Installation Guide and the SPS for Linux Release Notes.
- IP Network Interface Cards – Each server requires at least one Ethernet TCP/IP-supported network interface card. Remember, however, that an SPS cluster requires at least two communications paths. Two separate LAN-based communication paths using dual independent sub-nets are recommended for heartbeats, and at least one of these should be configured as a private network. Using a combination of TCP and TTY heartbeats is also supported.
- TCP/IP Software – Each server in your SPS configuration requires TCP/IP Software.
- SAP MaxDB/MaxDB Software – Supported versions of SAP MaxDB/MaxDB Software listed in “SIOS Protection Suite for Linux Support Matrix” should be installed.
Note: The same version of the SAP MaxDB software must be installed on all servers in the cluster.
- SPS Software – It is imperative that you install the same version of the SPS software and apply the same versions of the SPS software patches to each server in your cluster.
- SPS for Linux SAP MaxDB / Max DB Recovery Kit – The SAP MaxDB / Max DB Recovery Kit is provided on the SPS for Linux Installation Image File (Steeleye-lkSAPDB). It is packaged, installed and removed via Red Hat Package Manager, rpm.