To create a Recovery Kit for Oracle Cloud Infrastructure (RK for OCI) resource, complete the following steps:
- Launch the Create Resource Wizard by referring to Creating Resource Hierarchies .
- Select OCIVIP for the Recovery Kit.
- Enter the following parameters.
|Switchback Type||This dictates how the RK for OCI resource will be switched back to this node when the node comes back up after a failover. You can choose either intelligent or automatic.
|Server||Select the node where you want to create the RK for OCI resource. All the servers in your cluster are included in the drop down list.|
|Secondary IP address||Enter the secondary private IP address. The IP address specified here will be assigned to the VNIC.|
|Network Interface||Select the network interface name to which you want to assign an IP address. You can choose from the network interface names corresponding to the VNICs to which the IP address can be assigned.|
|OCIVIP Resource Tag||Enter a tag name that is unique to the RK for OCI resource you are creating. The default tag name, ocivip-<ip>, is automatically displayed in this field. <ip> is the specified secondary private IP address.|
- Once all the parameters are entered, the resource will be created and come in service. If LifeKeeper detects a problem, an error will be displayed in the information box or log file.
- Create a corresponding IP resource and bring it in service. The IP address and network interface name of the IP resource are the same as the RK for OCI resource. Also, the netmask value is the subnet mask (CIDR) value of the subnet with which the VNIC to which the IP address is assigned is associated.
- If an IP resource already exists, skip the creation of the corresponding IP resource.
- Create a dependency with the IP resource as parent and the RK for OCI resource as child.
- If you created a new IP resource in step 5, create a dependency.
- If the IP resource already exists in step 5 and the creation of the IP resource is skipped, and when the IP address, network interface name and netmask value of the existing IP resource is:
- an exact match to the setting value of the RK for OCI resource, create a dependency; OR
- inconsistent with the setting value of the RK for OCI resource, the IP resource is not a suitable parent resource for the RK for OCI resource and no dependency will be created. Change the IP resource settings or delete the IP resource first and then recreate a RK for OCI resource.
If the resource is created successfully, the Pre-Extend configuration task will be launched.
For more information on how to extend a resource hierarchy to another node, see Extending Your Recovery Kit for Oracle Cloud Infrastructure Resource Hierarchy.
Thanks for your feedback.
Post your comment on this topic.