Before installing and configuring the LifeKeeper SAP Recovery Kit, be sure that your configuration meets the following requirements:
- Servers. This recovery kit requires two or more computers configured in accordance with the requirements described in the LifeKeeper for Linux Technical Documentation and the LifeKeeper for Linux Release Notes.
- Shared Storage. SAP Primary Application Server (PAS) Instance, ABAP SAP Central Service (ASCS) Instance, SAP Central Services (SCS) Instance and program files must reside on shared disk(s) in a LifeKeeper environment. The file system for the ERS instance may also reside on a shared disk in the case of an ERSv2 configuration.
- IP Network Interface. Each server requires at least one Ethernet TCP/IP-supported network interface. In order for IP switchover to work properly, user systems connected to the local network should conform to standard TCP/IP specifications.
Note: Even though each server requires only a single network interface, multiple interfaces should be used for a number of reasons: heterogeneous media requirements, throughput requirements, elimination of single points of failure, network segmentation and so forth. (See IP Local Recovery and Configuration Considerations for additional information.)
- Operating System. Linux operating system. (See the LifeKeeper for Linux Release Notes for a list of supported distributions and kernel versions.)
- TCP/IP software. Each server requires the TCP/IP software.
- SAP Software. Each server must have the SAP software installed and configured before configuring LifeKeeper and the LifeKeeper SAP Recovery Kit. The same version should be installed on each server. Consult the LifeKeeper for Linux Release Notes or your sales representative for the latest release compatibility and ordering information.
- LifeKeeper software. You must install the same version of LifeKeeper software and any patches on each server. Please refer to the LifeKeeper for Linux Release Notes for specific LifeKeeper requirements.
- LifeKeeper IP Recovery Kit. This recovery kit is required if remote clients will be accessing the SAP PAS, ASCS or SCS instance. You must use the same version of this recovery kit on each server.
- LifeKeeper for Linux NFS Server Recovery Kit. This recovery kit is required for most configurations. You must use the same version of this recovery kit on each server.
- LifeKeeper for Linux Network Attached Storage (NAS) Recovery Kit. This recovery kit is required for some configurations. You must use the same version of this recovery kit on each server.
- LifeKeeper for Linux Database Recovery Kit. The LifeKeeper recovery kit for the database being used with SAP must be installed on each database server. Please refer to the LifeKeeper for Linux Release Notes for information on supported databases. A LifeKeeper database hierarchy must be created for the SAP PAS, ASCS or SCS Instance prior to configuring SAP.
- If running an SAP version prior to Version 7.3, please consult your SAP documentation and notes on how to download and install SAPHOSTAGENT (see Important Note in the Plan Your Configuration topic).
- Refer to the LifeKeeper for Linux Installation Guide for instructions on how to install or remove the Core software and the SAP Recovery Kit.
- The installation steps should be performed in the order recommended. The SAP installation will fail if LifeKeeper is installed first.
- For details on configuring each of the required LifeKeeper Recovery Kits, you should refer to the documentation for each kit (IP, NFS Server, NAS, and Database Recovery Kits).
- Please refer to SAP installation documentation for further installation requirements, such as swap space and memory requirements.