To create a resource instance from the primary server, complete the following steps.
- From the LifeKeeper GUI menu, select Edit then Server From the drop down menu, select Create Resource Hierarchy.
- A dialog box will appear with a drop down list showing all of the recognized recovery kits installed within the cluster. Select Amazon Route53 from the drop down list and click [Next]
- You will be prompted to enter the following information. (When the Back button is active in any of the dialog boxes, you can go back to the previous dialog box. This is especially helpful in the event that you need to correct previously entered information.)
Note: you click the Cancel button at any time when creating your hierarchy, LifeKeeper will cancel the entire creation process.
This dictates how the Route53 instance will be switched back to this server when the server recovers after a failover. You can choose either intelligent or automatic.
Intelligent switchback requires administrative intervention to switch the instance back to the primary/original server.
Automatic switchback means the switchback will occur as soon as the primary server comes back on line and reestablishes LifeKeeper communication paths.
Note:The switchback type can be changed later from the General tab of the Resource Properties dialog box.
|Select the Server for the Route53 resource (typically this is referred to as the primary or template server). All the servers in your cluster are included in the drop down list.
|Domain name (Route53 hosted zone)
|Route53 hosted zones are listed in the drop down list. Select the domain name to use.
|Host Name (Not FQDN)
|Enter the host name.
|Select the IP resource. This is the virtual IP address or the actual IP address that is protected by LifeKeeper.
|Route53 Resource Tag
|Select or enter a unique Route53 Resource Tag name for the Route53 resource instance you are creating. This field is populated automatically with a default tag name, route53-<host name>.
- Click Create. The Create Resource Wizard will then create your Route53 resource
- At this point, an information box appears and LifeKeeper will validate that you have provided valid data to create your Route53 resource hierarchy. If LifeKeeper detects a problem an ERROR will appear in the information box. If the validation is successful your resource will be created. Click Next
Another information box will appear confirming that you have successfully created a Route53 resource hierarchy. You must extend that hierarchy to another server in your cluster in order to place it under LifeKeeper protection
When you click Continue, LifeKeeper will launch the Pre-Extend configuration task. Refer to Extending Your Hierarchy for details on how to extend your resource hierarchy to another server.
If you click [Cancel] now, another dialog box will appear alerting you that you will need to manually extend your Route53 resource hierarchy to another server at some other time to put it under LifeKeeper protection.