The LifeKeeper family of products includes software that allows you to provide failover protection for a range of system resources. The following figure demonstrates LifeKeeper’s flexibility and identifies the resource types you can specify for automatic recovery:
- File systems. LifeKeeper allows for the definition and failover of file systems, such as ext3, ext4, NFS, vxfs or xfs.
- Communications resources. LifeKeeper provides communications Recovery Kits for communications resources, such as TCP/IP.
- Infrastructure resources. LifeKeeper provides optional Recovery Kits for Linux infrastructure services, such as NFS, Samba, LVM, WebSphere MQ, and software RAID (md).
- Web Server resources. LifeKeeper provides an optional Recovery Kit for Apache Web Server resources.
- Databases and other applications. LifeKeeper provides optional Recovery Kits for major RDBMS products such as Oracle, MySQL and PostgreSQL, Sybase, SAP MaxDB, SAP HANA DB, and for enterprise applications such as SAP.
- Cloud resources. LifeKeeper provides communications Recovery Kits for communications resources, such as EC2 EIP, and Route53.
LifeKeeper supports N-Way Recovery for a range of resource types.