This option will create a NetRAID device, format it with a LifeKeeper supported file system type, mount the file system on the NetRAID device and place both the mounted file system and the NetRAID device under LifeKeeper protection. The NetRAID device and the local disk or partition will be formatted causing existing data to be deleted. You should select this option if you want to create a mirror on a new file system and place it under LifeKeeper protection. You will need one free disk or partition for this resource type.
- Enter the following information when prompted:
|Source Disk or Partition|| The list of Source Disks or Partitions in the drop-down list contains all the available disks or partitions that are :
- The following screen will display if you select a source disk or partition that is not shared.
- Select Back to select different source disk or partition that is shared. Provide the remaining information to finish configuring the resource.
|New Mount Point||Enter the New Mount Point of the new file system. This should be the mount point where the replicated disk or partition will be located.|
|New File System Type||Select the File System Type. You may only choose from the LifeKeeper supported file system types.|
|DataKeeper Resource Tag||Select or enter a unique DataKeeper Resource Tag name for the DataKeeper resource instance.|
|File System Resource Tag||Select or enter the File System Resource Tag name for the file system resource instance.|
|Bitmap File|| Select the bitmap file entry from the pull down list.
Important: The bitmap file should not reside on a btrfs filesystem. Placing data replication bitmap files on a btrfs filesystem will result in an “invalid argument” error when LifeKeeper tries to configure the mirror. The default location for the bitmap file is under /opt/LifeKeeper. This default location should be changed if /opt/LifeKeeper resides on a btrfs filesystem.
- Click Next to continue to the Confirmation Screen.
- A confirmation screen noting the location where the new file system will be created and a warning indicating the pending reformat of the local disk or partition will display. Click Create to begin Resource Creation.
- LifeKeeper will verify that you have provided valid data to create your resource on a new file system. If LifeKeeper detects a problem, an ERROR will appear in the information box. If the validation is successful, your resource will be created. Note that the creation of the file system may take several minutes depending upon the disk or partition size.
Click Next to continue.
- An information box appears announcing the successful creation of your new replicated file system resource hierarchy. You must Extend the hierarchy to another server in your cluster to begin data replication and in order to place it under LifeKeeper protection.
Click Next to extend the resource or click Cancel if you wish to extend your resource at another time.
If you click Continue LifeKeeper will launch the Pre-extend Wizard.