Some requirements should be met when using this configuration. Below is a summary of requirements for the AWS environment and instances created on it.
Requirements for AWS environment
Create a base environment on AWS to provide services. The requirements for using this configuration are as follows.
Amazon Virtual Private Cloud (VPC)
- VPC needs to be configured in AWS.
- Need to create more than two subnets in different Availability Zones (AZ) or in different VPCs.
Amazon Elastic Compute Cloud (EC2)
- At least 2 instances are required.
- A primary instance and a standby instance need to be configured to start with different AZ or different VPC for each.
- Instances are connected to Elastic Network Interface (ENI).
- Instances are required to satisfy LifeKeeper’s installation requirements.
- AWS Command Line Interface (AWS CLI) needs to be installed in each of EC2 the instances. For the details, please refer to AWS Command Line Interface installation.
- Instances need to have an access to route53.amazonaws.com with HTTPS protocol. Please configure EC2 and the OS properly
AWS Identity and Access Management (IAM)
In order for LifeKeeper to operate AWS, IAM user or IAM role with the following access privilege is required. Please configure EC2 IAM role or configure AWS CLI appropriately so that it can be accessed from root user of the EC2 instance.
Amazon Route 53
- You need to register your domain name on Amazon Route 53 to use the service. This is required to create a Route53 resource.
Thanks for your feedback.
Post your comment on this topic.