- If the IP address used by the SMTP service is specified, the IP address should be a virtual IP address that is protected by Lifekeeper.
The Postfix Recovery Kit refers to the value of the following parameters:
- º mail_owner
- º setgid_group
- º daemon_directory
- º command_directory
- º process_id_directory
- º inet_interfaces
Specify the virtual IP addresses to be monitored. One or more may be specified. Use “all” to specify all IP addresses.
- º queue_directory
- º mail_spool_directory
You must specify the following:
- º A smtp(s) service entry to start smtpd.
- The directory specified for the queue_directory value must be on shared storage. This is necessary so that the file system of this directory can be LifeKeeper protected.
- If the system has a mailbox spool, the directory specified for the mail_spool_directory value has to be on shared storage.
- Owner id of postfix has to be the same id on all cluster servers.
- Group id of postdrop (setgid_group) has to be the same id on all cluster servers.
- Auto startup at the time of the system activation must be disabled because Postfix service is controlled by LifeKeeper.
Thanks for your feedback.