The LifeKeeper family of products includes software that allows you to provide failover protection for a range of system resources. The following figure demonstrates LifeKeeper’s flexibility and identifies the resource types you can specify for automatic recovery:
- File systems. LifeKeeper allows for the definition and failover of file systems, such as ext3, ext4, NFS, vxfs or xfs.
- Communications resources. LifeKeeper provides communications Recovery Kits for communications resources, such as TCP/IP.
- Infrastructure resources. LifeKeeper provides optional Recovery Kits for Linux infrastructure services, such as NFS, Samba, LVM, WebSphere MQ, and software RAID (md).
- Web Server resources. LifeKeeper provides an optional Recovery Kit for Apache Web Server resources.
- Databases and other applications. LifeKeeper provides optional Recovery Kits for major RDBMS products such as Oracle, MySQL and PostgreSQL, Sybase, SAP DB/MaxDB, SAP HANA DB, and for enterprise applications such as SAP.
- Cloud resources. LifeKeeper provides communications Recovery Kits for communications resources, such as EC2 EIP, and Route53.
LifeKeeper supports N-Way Recovery for a range of resource types.