You can perform the following configuration tasks from the LifeKeeper GUI. The following four tasks are described in this guide, as they are unique to an Apache resource instance and different for each Recovery Kit.
- Create a Resource Hierarchy. Creates an application resource hierarchy in your LifeKeeper cluster.
- Extend a Resource Hierarchy. Extends a resource hierarchy from the primary server to a backup server.
- Unextend a Resource Hierarchy. Unextends (removes) a resource hierarchy from a single server in the LifeKeeper cluster.
- Delete a Resource Hierarchy. Deletes a resource hierarchy from all servers in your LifeKeeper cluster.
The following tasks are described in the GUI Administration section within the SPS Technical Documentation, because they are common tasks with steps that are identical across all Recovery Kits.
- Create a Resource Dependency. Creates a parent/child dependency between an existing resource hierarchy and another resource instance and propagates the dependency changes to all applicable servers in the cluster.
- Delete a Resource Dependency. Deletes a resource dependency and propagates the dependency changes to all applicable servers in the cluster.
- In Service. Brings a resource hierarchy into service on a specific server.
- Out of Service. Takes a resource hierarchy out of service on a specific server.
- View/Edit Properties. View or edit the properties of a resource hierarchy on a specific server.
You can also right click on a resource instance in the Resource Hierarchy Table (right-hand pane) of the status display window to perform all the configuration tasks, except Creating a Resource Hierarchy, depending on the state of the server and the particular resource.