The processing flow with system designations when using LifeKeeper Chef support.
Processing Flow Overview
- Extract the existing cluster resource configuration into an xml formatted file.
- Copy the extracted XML file to the Chef workstation.
- Convert the extracted XML file into a Chef Parameter “attribute” file. Two “attributes” files will be generated. One for the LifeKeeper communication paths and one for the LifeKeeper resource hierarchies.
- Copy the two attribute files to the attribute folder under the LifeKeeper cookbook directory on the Chef workstation. Modify the parameters for the embedded host names and IP addresses to match the new environment. Also, copy the rpms used for the installation and licensing of LifeKeeper under the LifeKeeper Chef cookbook directory.
- Resister the files in the LifeKeeper cookbook directory on the Chef workstation with the Chef Server using the Chef Knife command.
- Use the appropriate chef-client commands on each new node to construct a LifeKeeper cluster.
Thanks for your feedback.
Post your comment on this topic.