After SIOS Protection Suite performs a failover recovery from a primary server (ServerA) to a backup server (Server B), perform the following steps:
- Monitor failover. When SIOS Protection Suite on Server B performs a failover recovery from Server A, status messages are displayed during the failover ending with the following message:
FAILOVER RECOVERY OF MACHINE Server A
FINISHED AT: date time year
The exact output depends upon the configuration. Some messages on failure to mount or unmount are expected and do not suggest failure of recovery. These messages as well as any errors that occur while bringing the resource in-service on Server B are logged in the LifeKeeper log.
- Perform maintenance. Determine and fix the cause of the failure on Server A. Server A may need to be powered down to perform maintenance.
- Reboot Server A, if necessary. Once maintenance is complete, reboot Server A if necessary.
- Start LifeKeeper, if necessary. If LifeKeeper is not running on Server A, go to the Windows Services tool, select LifeKeeper and click Start. This will automatically start the LifeKeeper External Interfaces service.
- Move application back to Server A. At a convenient time, use the LifeKeeper GUI to bring the application back into service on Server A. See Bringing a Resource In Service for instructions. Note that this step may be unnecessary if the application on Server A was configured for Automatic Switchback.