After you have completed the necessary setup tasks, use the following steps to define the Oracle Server hierarchy to protect your database(s).
- From the LifeKeeper GUI menu, select Edit, then Server. From the menu, select Create Resource Hierarchy.
- The Create Protected Application dialog box will display. Select the appropriate Primary and Backup Servers from the pull-down list. Select Next to continue. A window will display with a list of all the recognized Recovery Kits installed within the cluster
- Select Oracle and click NEXT.
- You will be prompted to enter the following information. When the Back button is active in any of the dialog boxes, you can go back to the previous dialog box. This is helpful should you encounter an error requiring you to correct previously entered information. You may click Cancel at any time to cancel the entire creation process.
|Select the Oracle Home directory||Select the appropriate Oracle Home directory for this hierarchy.|
|Select the Oracle SID||Select the Oracle SID that you wish to place under LifeKeeper protection.|
|Enter the Oracle User Name||Enter the administrative user name for Oracle. This user account must have system permissions to the database.|
|Enter Password||Enter the system password for the Oracle administrative user.|
|Optional Services||Select the optional services to be protected with this hierarchy. The list includes only those services that are eligible for LifeKeeper protection.|
|Oracle Tag Name||Enter a unique tag name, or you can accept the default tag name offered by LifeKeeper.|
- After you click Next, the Create Resource Wizard will create your Oracle resource. LifeKeeper will validate the data entered. If LifeKeeper detects a problem, an error message will appear in the information box.
- Another information box will appear indicating that you have successfully created an Oracle resource hierarchy, and you must extend that hierarchy to another server in your cluster in order to achieve failover protection. Click Next.
- After you click Next, LifeKeeper will launch the Pre-Extend Wizard. Refer to Extending An Oracle Hierarchy for details on how to extend your resource hierarchy to another server.
Thanks for your feedback.