While most Recovery Kits create their dependencies during the original resource hierarchy creation task, under certain circumstances, you may want to create new or additional resource dependencies or delete existing ones. An example might be that you wish to change an existing IP dependency to another IP address. Instead of deleting the entire resource hierarchy and creating a new one, you can delete the existing IP dependency and create a new dependency with a different IP address.
- Select a server-specific resource instance as the parent to which you want to add a child dependency, and then select Add Dependency… from the resource context menu or resource context toolbar.
- Select a Parent Resource IP Address from the drop down box. Click Next.
- Select a Child Resource Tag from the drop down box of existing and valid resources on the server. The dialog will display all the resources available on the server with the following exceptions:
- The parent resource, its ancestors and its children.
- A resource that has not been extended to the same servers as the parent resource.
- A resource that does not have the same relative priority as the parent resource.
- Any resource that is not in-service on the same server as the parent, if the parent resource is in-service.
Click Next to proceed to the next dialog.
- The dialog will then confirm that you have selected the appropriate parent and child resource tags for your dependency creation. Click Add Dependency to create the dependency on all servers in the cluster to which the parent has been extended.
- If the output panel is enabled, the dialog closes and the results of the commands to create the dependency are shown in the output panel. If not, the dialog remains up to show these results, and you click Done to finish when all results have been displayed.