To unextend your IIS hierarchy from a system:
- From the LifeKeeper GUI menu, select Edit then Resource. From the drop down menu, select Unextend Resource Hierarchy.
- Select the Target Server where you want to unextend the IIS resource. It cannot be the server where the IIS resource is currently in service.
Note: The dialog to select the target server will not appear if you selected the Unextend task by right-clicking from the right pane on an individual resource instance.
- Click Next to proceed to the next dialog box.
- Select the IIS resource hierarchy to unextend. Click Next to proceed to the next dialog box.
Note: This dialog will not appear if you selected the Unextend task by right-clicking on a global resource in the left pane or an individual resource instance in the right pane.
- An information box appears confirming the target server and the IIS resource hierarchy you have chosen to unextend. Click Unextend.
- Another information box appears confirming that the IIS resource was unextended successfully. Click Done to exit.