Follow the steps below which contain links to topics with additional details. Perform these tasks on each server in the cluster.
- Ensure that the LifeKeeper services are running by checking the Services in the Administrative Tools on the Control Panel. You should see both LifeKeeper and LifeKeeper External Interfaces services. If they are not both running, start them now.
For additional information, see Starting and Stopping LifeKeeper.
- Users with administrator privileges on a SIOS Protection Suite server can run the application client from that server. Click Start, then point to All Programs, then SIOS->LifeKeeper->LifeKeeper (Admin Only).
After the application is loaded, the LifeKeeper GUI appears and the Cluster Connect dialog is displayed. Enter the Server Name you wish to connect to, followed by the login and password.
- Create Communication Paths. Before you can activate SIOS Protection Suite protection, you must create the communication path (heartbeat) definitions within LifeKeeper.
- Set your Server Shutdown Strategy. This tells LifeKeeper whether to switch over resources when you initiate an orderly shutdown.
- SIOS Protection Suite is now ready to protect your applications. The next step depends on which SIOS Protection Suite Recovery Kit(s) you will be using:
• If you are using a Core Recovery Kit, then refer to the topics for creating Volume, DNS, IP, File Share, LAN Manager, or Generic Application hierarchies.
• If you are using the optional Microsoft SQL Server Recovery Kit, refer to the Microsoft SQL Server Recovery Kit Administration Guide for instructions on creating and extending your resource hierarchies.
Thanks for your feedback.
Post your comment on this topic.