SIOS Protection Suite Administration Overview
SIOS Protection Suite provides two administration interface options:
- LifeKeeper GUI
- LifeKeeper command line interface
The LifeKeeper GUI is used for the following tasks which are listed in the typical sequence for configuring SIOS Protection Suite.
- Communication path definition. You must define the communication paths you want to use before you define any other resource instances or hierarchies in LifeKeeper. This can be done using the Edit menu or the Create Comm Path icon on the GUI toolbar.
- Resource definition. As you install recovery kits, the resource types supported by those kits appear in the Create Resource Hierarchy dialog box.For most recovery kits, the necessary dependencies will be created automatically.
- Monitoring. The LifeKeeper GUI’s status display provides a visual status of resources protected by SIOS Protection Suite on the connected servers. In addition, SIOS Protection Suite maintains log files which you can view through the GUI.
- Manual intervention. You may need to stop servers or specific resources for maintenance or other administrative actions. The LifeKeeper GUI provides menu functions that allow you to bring specific resources in and out of service. Once applications have been placed under SIOS Protection Suite protection, they should be started and stopped only through SIOS Protection Suite.
For initial step-by-step configuration instructions, see SIOS Protection Suite Configuration Steps.
See the GUI Tasks and Maintenance Tasks topics for detailed instructions on performing SIOS Protection Suite administration, configuration and maintenance operations using the GUI.
Working With Resource Hierarchies
Setting Browser Security Parameters
Overview of SIOS Protection Suite Event Forwarding via SNMP