To remove an existing DataKeeper Resource/Mirror from Windows Server Failover Clustering:
- Without impacting the existing role in WSFC, i.e. File Shares, SAP, Oracle, SQL
- Without having to run various emcmd commands, e.g. deletelocalmirroronly, cleanupmirror
Note: In the DataKeeper UI, “Switchover Mirrors”, “Delete Job” and “Delete Mirror” are grayed out in the Action Panel.
Reason: When a DataKeeper mirror is or becomes a part of a cluster/WSFC all administration takes place at the WSFC level.
Steps to Remove:
In Failover Cluster Manager:
- From the Roles panel, select Storage and the related DataKeeper Volume
- Right click and select Remove from the role you’ve created, then select Yes
- From WFSC select Storage\Disk
The DataKeeper Volume is now listed as/Assigned To, Available Storage.
- Select Remove then select Yes
The DataKeeper Storage is no longer a resource in the cluster/WSFC.
- In the DataKeeper UI > Action Panel, select Delete Job. You will be prompted …“Are you sure you want to delete the ‘Volume (drive)’ and its mirror? Select Yes
If you have multiple mirrors/targets, select Delete Mirror, and the jobs will be deleted also.
Thanks for your feedback.
Post your comment on this topic.