Prior to installing and configuring the Recovery Kit for Route 53™, be sure your configuration meets the following requirements.
- AWS Command Line Interface (AWS CLI) must be installed on all EC 2 instances. Refer to Installing AWS Command Line Interface” for installation information.
- Instances need to have an access to Amazon Route 53 service endpoint, route53.amazonaws.com, with HTTPS protocol. Please configure EC2 and the OS properly.
- Register an appropriate domain name for Amazon Route 53.
- In order for LifeKeeper to operate AWS, an IAM user or IAM role, the following access privilege is required. Attach an IAM role with appropriate privileges to the EC2 instance or register an IAM user who has access to the root user’s AWS CLI profile. For more details on AWS IAM roles and the AWS CLI, see the AWS user guides, EC2™ IAM role and configure AWS CLI.
- Make sure that your network configuration (a communication route between the client and the VPC where the cluster nodes reside) satisfies the following requirements:
- The client can communicate with the physical IP address of each cluster node via IP
- The client can resolve the name of A record registered in the Route53 DNS server (the client is able to obtain the physical IP address from FQDN of the host name)
You need to install the same version of LifeKeeper software and patches on each server. For the specific LifeKeeper requirements, please refer to the Technical Documentation or the LifeKeeper for Linux Release Notes.
SIOS recommends using Quorum/Witness when using the Recovery Kit for Route 53™. Please refer to Quorum/Witness for more information.