Your LifeKeeper configuration must meet the following requirements prior to the installation of LifeKeeper for Linux PostgreSQL Recovery Kit. Please refer to the LifeKeeper for Linux Installation Guide for specific instructions regarding the installation and configuration of your LifeKeeper hardware and software.
- Servers – Servers should be configured in accordance with the requirements described in the LifeKeeper for Linux Technical Documentation and the LifeKeeper for Linux Release Notes.
- IP Network Interface Cards – Each server requires at least one Ethernet TCP/IP-supported network interface card. Remember, however, that best practice is for a LifeKeeper cluster to have at least two communication paths. Two separate LAN-based communication paths using dual independent sub-nets are recommended for heartbeats, and at least one of these should be configured as a private network. Using a combination of TCP and TTY heartbeats is also supported.
- TCP/IP software – Each server in your LifeKeeper configuration requires TCP/IP Software.
- PostgreSQL or PostgreSQL-based software – The same version of the PostgreSQL software must be installed on all servers in the cluster. The PostgreSQL software can be downloaded from one of the mirrors available at http://www.postgresql.org/download.
- LifeKeeper software – The same version of LifeKeeper software and patches must be installed on each server in the cluster. Please refer to the LifeKeeper for Linux Technical Documentation and LifeKeeper for Linux Release Notes for specific LifeKeeper requirements.
- LifeKeeper for Linux PostgreSQL Recovery Kit – The same version of the Recovery Kit as the LifeKeeper software must be installed on each server.