When storage is selected for the Quorum mode and aws_s3 for QWK_STORAGE_TYPE in the Quorum/Witness function provided by LifeKeeper, Amazon S3-compatible object storage can be used.
All of the following requirements must be satisfied:
- Object storage can be accessed via the AWS CLI
- The endpoint must be specified in the Quorum/Witness parameter QWK_STORAGE_OBJECT_.
- Object storage has strong consistency
Based on the Amazon S3 Strong Consistency.
- Object storage has sufficient availability
Based on the “S3 Standard”, a standard class of Amazon S3 that guarantees 99.9% availability.
- Object storage becomes inaccessible when isolated by AZ or region
In most cases, it should be able to be located in a region other than the one in which the cluster node is located.
The following are platforms providing qualified object storage.
- Oracle Cloud Infrastructure
- IBM Cloud