The following configuration tasks can be performed from the LifeKeeper GUI. These four tasks are described in this section as they are unique to an NFS Server resource instance and different for each Recovery Kit.
- Create a Resource Hierarchy. Creates an application resource hierarchy in your LifeKeeper cluster.
- Delete a Resource Hierarchy. Deletes a resource hierarchy from all servers in your LifeKeeper cluster.
- Extend a Resource Hierarchy. Extends a resource hierarchy from the primary server to a backup server.
- Unextend a Resource Hierarchy. Unextends (removes) a resource hierarchy from a single server in the LifeKeeper cluster.
- Test Your Resource Hierarchy. Tests your NFS resource hierarchy by initiating a manual switchover.
The following tasks are described in the Administration section within the LifeKeeper for Linux Technical Documentation because they are common tasks with steps that are identical across all Recovery Kits.
- Create a Resource Dependency. Creates a parent/child dependency between an existing resource hierarchy and another resource instance and propagates the dependency changes to all applicable servers in the cluster.
- Delete a Resource Dependency. Deletes a resource dependency and propagates the dependency changes to all applicable servers in the cluster.
- In Service. Brings a resource hierarchy into service on a specific server.
- Out of Service. Takes a resource hierarchy out of service on a specific server.