The following sequence is recommended for installing and configuring the Sybase ASE product and LifeKeeper software. Each of these steps links to detailed tasks.
After you have performed these tasks, you will be ready to create the LifeKeeper resource hierarchy to protect your Sybase ASE Server(s).
Resource Configuration Tasks
Describes the various functions you may perform on your hierarchies using the LifeKeeper GUI: create, extend, delete and unextend.
Once you have completed the setup tasks described in the previous section, you are ready to create and extend your Sybase ASE resource hierarchies.
The following tasks are available for configuring the LifeKeeper for Linux Sybase ASE Recovery Kit:
- – Unextends (removes) a Sybase ASE resource hierarchy from a single server in the LifeKeeper cluster
- . Creates a parent/child dependency between an existing resource hierarchy and another resource instance and propagates the dependency changes to all applicable servers in the cluster.
- . Deletes a resource dependency and propagates the dependency changes to all applicable servers in the cluster.
- from the toolbar
- by right-clicking on a global resource in the left pane of the status display
- by right-clicking on a resource in the right pane of the status display
Using the right-click method allows you to avoid entering information that is required using the Edit menu.