To remove a resource hierarchy from a single server in the LifeKeeper cluster, do the following:
- On the Edit menu, select Resource then Unextend Resource Hierarchy.
- Select the Target Server where you want to unextend the DataKeeper resource. It cannot be the server where the DataKeeper resource is currently in service (active).
Note: If you selected the Unextend task by right-clicking from the right pane on an individual resource instance, this dialog box will not appear.
- Select the DataKeeper Hierarchy to Unextend and click Next. (This dialog will not appear if you selected the Unextend task by right-clicking on a resource instance in either pane).
- An information box appears confirming the target server and the DataKeeper resource hierarchy you have chosen to unextend. Click Unextend.
- Another information box appears confirming that the DataKeeper resource was unextended successfully. Click Done to exit the Unextend Resource Hierarchy menu selection.
Note: At this point, data is not being replicated to the backup server.
Thanks for your feedback.
Post your comment on this topic.