Your LifeKeeper configuration must meet the following requirements prior to the installation of the LifeKeeper for Linux Sybase Recovery Kit. Please refer to the LifeKeeper for Linux Installation Guide for specific instructions regarding the installation and configuration of your LifeKeeper hardware and software.
- Servers – Servers should be configured in accordance with the requirements described in the LifeKeeper for Linux Technical Documentation and the LifeKeeper for Linux Release Notes.
- IP Network Interface Cards – Each server requires at least one Ethernet TCP/IP-supported network interface card. Remember, however, that a LifeKeeper cluster requires at least two communication paths. Two separate LAN-based communication paths using dual independent sub-nets are recommended for heartbeats, and at least one of these should be configured as a private network. Using a combination of TCP and TTY heartbeats is also supported.
- Storage – Servers should be configured to use LifeKeeper supported shared storage or the DataKeeper for Linux storage.
- TCP/IP Software – Each server in your LifeKeeper configuration requires TCP/IP Software.
- Sybase ASE Software – LifeKeeper supports version 15.5 and later of the Sybase ASE software. This version can be obtained from Sybase Inc. at http://www.sybase.com/products/databaseservers/ase. Note: The same version of the Sybase ASE software must be installed on all servers in the cluster. In addition, only one version of the Sybase ASE software may be installed on the LifeKeeper protected servers.
- LifeKeeper Software – It is imperative that you install the same version of the LifeKeeper software and apply the same versions of the LifeKeeper software patches to each server in your cluster.
- LifeKeeper for Linux IP Recovery Kit – The LifeKeeper for Linux IP Recovery Kit is required by the LifeKeeper for Linux Sybase ASE Recovery Kit. The LifeKeeper for Linux IP Recovery Kit is provided on the LifeKeeper for Linux image file (sps.img) via ftp download.
- LifeKeeper for Linux Sybase ASE Recovery Kit – The Sybase ASE Recovery Kit (steeleye-lkSYBASE) is provided on the LifeKeeper for Linux Installation image file (sps.img) via ftp download. It is installed and removed via this image file.
Thanks for your feedback.
Post your comment on this topic.