If you are operating in a cloud environment, there is an extra step to switch a virtual IP address between nodes. The following topics explain the background information and general approaches for each cloud environment:
- AWS Route Table Scenario
- AWS Elastic IP Scenario
- AWS Route53 Scenario
- Azure Internal Load Balancer Scenario
- Google Cloud Internal Load Balancer Scenario
The following sections explain the configuration steps required in each scenario:
- Creating an AWS EC2 Resource (RouteTable Scenario)
- Creating an AWS EC2 Resource (Elastic IP Scenario)
- Creating an AWS Route53 Resource
- Azure – Using an Internal Load Balancer
- Google Cloud – Using an Internal Load Balancer
LifeKeeper also provides a resource type which will respond to TCP health check probes from an internal load balancer in order to route traffic to the current application host:
Thanks for your feedback.
Post your comment on this topic.