Your LifeKeeper configuration must meet the following requirements prior to the installation of LifeKeeper for Linux SAP MaxDB Recovery Kit. Please see the LifeKeeper for Linux Installation Guide for specific instructions regarding the installation and configuration of your LifeKeeper hardware and software.
- Servers – Servers should be configured in accordance with the requirements described in the LifeKeeper for Linux Installation Guide and the LifeKeeper for Linux Release Notes.
- IP Network Interface Cards – Each server requires at least one Ethernet TCP/IP-supported network interface card. Remember, however, that a LifeKeeper cluster requires at least two communications paths. Two separate LAN-based communication paths using dual independent sub-nets are recommended for heartbeats, and at least one of these should be configured as a private network. Using a combination of TCP and TTY heartbeats is also supported.
- TCP/IP Software – Each server in your LifeKeeper configuration requires TCP/IP Software.
- SAP MaxDB/MaxDB Software – Supported versions of SAP MaxDB/MaxDB Software listed in “LifeKeeper for Linux Support Matrix” should be installed.
Note: The same version of the SAP MaxDB software must be installed on all servers in the cluster.
- LifeKeeper Software – It is imperative that you install the same version of the LifeKeeper software and apply the same versions of the LifeKeeper software patches to each server in your cluster.
- LifeKeeper for Linux SAP MaxDB / Max DB Recovery Kit – The SAP MaxDB / Max DB Recovery Kit is provided on the LifeKeeper for Linux Installation Image File (Steeleye-lkSAPDB). It is packaged, installed and removed via Red Hat Package Manager, rpm.
Thanks for your feedback.
Post your comment on this topic.