This option will unmount a currently mounted file system on a local disk or partition, create a NetRAID device, then re-mount the file system on the NetRAID device. Both the NetRAID device and the mounted file system are placed under LifeKeeper protection. You should select this option if you want to create a mirror on an existing file system and place it under LifeKeeper protection.
- Enter the following information when prompted:
|Existing Mount Point||
This should be the mount point for the NetRAID device on the primary server. The local disk or partition should already be mounted at this location.
Note: The source disk or partition must be uniquely identifiable. Starting in v9.5.0, LifeKeeper will no longer allow the device name to be used to identify a device.
- The following screen will display if you select a mount point that is not shared.
- Provide the remaining information to finish configuring the resource.
|DataKeeper Resource Tag||Select or enter a unique DataKeeper Resource Tag name for the DataKeeper resource instance.|
|File System Resource Tag||Select or enter the File System Resource Tag name.|
Enter the bitmap filename. The default filename is /opt/LifeKeeper/bitmap_$TAG.
Important: The bitmap file should not reside on a btrfs filesystem (or any other LifeKeeper for Linux unsupported filesystem). Placing data replication bitmap files on these filesystems will result in an “invalid argument” error when LifeKeeper tries to configure the mirror.
- Click Next to create your DataKeeper resource on the primary server.
- LifeKeeper will verify that you have provided valid data to create your DataKeeper resource. If LifeKeeper detects a problem, an ERROR will appear in the information box. If the validation is successful, your resource will be created.
- An information box appears announcing that you have successfully created an existing replicated file system resource hierarchy. You must Extend the hierarchy to another server in your cluster to begin replication and to place it under LifeKeeper protection.
Click Next to extend the resource, or click Cancel if you wish to extend your resource at another time.
If you click Continue LifeKeeper will launch the Pre-extend Wizard. Refer to Step 2 under Extending Your Hierarchy for details on how to extend your resource hierarchy to another server.