Postﬁx plays a variety of roles, all critical to the proper flow of email. It listens on the network for incoming mail, transports mail messages to other servers, and delivers local mail to a local program.
The LifeKeeper for Linux Postﬁx Recovery Kit provides a mechanism to recover Postﬁx from a failed primary server to a backup server in a LifeKeeper environment. Both LifeKeeper and Postﬁx ensure data integrity throughout the course of the failover process without significant lost time or human intervention.
This guide contain the following topics:
- Documentation and References. Provides a list of LifeKeeper for Linux documentation and where to find them
- Requirements A description of the hardware and software necessary to properly setup, install, and operate the Postfix Recovery Kit. Refer to LifeKeeper for Linux Installation Guide for specific instructions on how to install or remove LifeKeeper for Linux software.Postfix Recovery Kit.
- Configuring the LifeKeeper for Linux Postfix Recovery Kit. A description of the procedures required to properly configure the Postfix Recovery Kit.
- Postfix Configuring Validation. Provides steps for validating the Postfix configuration prior to creating the Postfix resource hierarchy.
- LifeKeeper Configuration Tasks. A description of the tasks for creating and managing your Postfix resource hierarchies using the LifeKeeper GUI.
- Create a Dependency with the Mailbox Spool Resource. Describes how to manually create a dependency between the Postfix resource and the Mailbox Spool file system resource.
- Testing Your Resource Hierarchy. Describes steps for testing your Postfix resource hierarchies using the LifeKeeper GUI and command-line interface.
- Troubleshooting. A list of LifeKeeper for Linux error messages including a description for each.
Documentation and References
The following LifeKeeper product documentation is available from SIOS Technology Corp.:
This documentation, along with documentation associated with optional LifeKeeper Recovery Kits, is available on the SIOS Technology Corp. website at:
Postfix Documentation and References
The following is a list of reference documents associated with the Postﬁx application and the LifeKeeper Postﬁx Recovery Kit:
- Postfix Man Page
- Red Hat Postfix Reference Manual