You can perform all LifeKeeper for Linux Samba Recovery Kit administrative tasks via the LifeKeeper Graphical User Interface (GUI). The LifeKeeper GUI provides a guided interface to configure, administer, and monitor Samba resources.
The following tasks are available for configuring the LifeKeeper for Linux Samba Recovery Kit:
- Create a Resource Hierarchy – Creates a Samba resource hierarchy.
- Delete a Resource Hierarchy – Deletes a Samba resource hierarchy.
- Extend a Resource Hierarchy – Extends a Samba resource hierarchy from the primary server to the backup server.
- Unextend a Resource Hierarchy – Unextends (removes) a Samba resource hierarchy from a single server in the LifeKeeper cluster.
- Create Dependency – Creates a child dependency between an existing resource hierarchy and another resource instance and propagates the dependency changes to all applicable servers in the cluster.
- Delete Dependency – Deletes a resource dependency and propagates the dependency changes to all applicable servers in the cluster.
- In Service – Activates a resource hierarchy.
- Out of Service – Deactivates a resource hierarchy.
- From the toolbar, right – click on a global resource in the left pane of the status display.
- Right – click on a resource instance in the right pane of the status display.