All LifeKeeper for Linux WebSphere MQ Recovery Kit administrative tasks can be performed via the LifeKeeper Graphical User Interface (GUI). The LifeKeeper GUI provides a guided interface to configure, administer and monitor WebSphere resources.
The following tasks are described in this guide, as they are unique to a WebSphere MQ resource instance and different for each Recovery Kit.
- Create a Resource Hierarchy – Creates a WebSphere MQ resource hierarchy.
- Delete a Resource Hierarchy – Deletes a WebSphere MQ resource hierarchy.
- Extend a Resource Hierarchy – Extends a WebSphere MQ resource hierarchy from the primary server to a backup server.
- Unextend a Resource Hierarchy – Unextends (removes) a WebSphere MQ resource hierarchy from a single server in the LifeKeeper cluster.
- Editing Configuration Resource Properties – Reconfigures WebSphere MQ resource parameters including LifeKeeper test queue, listener management and stop timeouts after creation of the WebSphere MQ resource hierarchy.
The following tasks are described in the Administration section within the LifeKeeper for Linux Technical Documentation because they are common tasks with steps that are identical across all Recovery Kits.
- Create a Resource Dependency. Creates a parent/child dependency between an existing resource hierarchy and another resource instance and propagates the dependency changes to all applicable servers in the cluster.
- Delete a Resource Dependency. Deletes a resource dependency and propagates the dependency changes to all applicable servers in the cluster.
- In Service. Brings a resource hierarchy into service on a specific server.
- Out of Service. Takes a resource hierarchy out of service on a specific server.
- From the toolbar
- By right-clicking on a global resource in the left pane of the status display
- By right-clicking on a resource instance in the right pane of the status display
Using the right-click method allows you to avoid entering information that is required when using the Edit menu.
Thanks for your feedback.
Post your comment on this topic.