Follow the steps below to extend the Recovery Kit for Oracle Cloud Infrastructure (RK for OCI) resource hierarchy.
- Launch the Extend Resource Hierarchy wizard referring to Extending Resource Hierarchies .
- Enter the following information in the Pre-Extend Wizard.
|Switchback Type||Select the Switchback Type. This dictates how the RK for OCI resource will be switched back to the extended node when it comes back into service after a failover to the backup server. You can choose either intelligent or automatic.
|Template Priority||Enter the priority of the resource hierarchy of the node to extend.
Any unused priority value from 1 to 999 is valid. A lower number means a higher priority. Default value is recommended and the number indicates a server’s priority in the cascading failover sequence for the resource.
Note: This selection will appear only for the initial extension of the resource hierarchy.
|Target Priority||Enter the priority of the resource hierarchy of the target node. Any unused priority value from 1 to 999 is valid. A lower number means a higher priority. The number indicates a server’s priority in the cascading failover sequence for the resource.
Note: LifeKeeper assigns the number “1” to the server on which the hierarchy is created by default. The priorities do not need to be consecutive and no two servers can have the same priority for a given resource.
- CanExtend is executed to ensure that the target RK for OCI resource extension requirements are met.
- Make sure that the target node has a VNIC to which an IP address can be assigned.
- Enter the following parameters to extend the resource.
|Secondary IP address||The IP address of the resource to extend will appear. The value cannot be changed.|
|Network Interface||Select the network interface name to which you want to assign an IP address. You can choose from the network interface names corresponding to the VNICs to which the IP address can be assigned.|
|OCIVIP Resource Tag||Enter the RK for OCI resource tag. This is the resource tag name to be used by the RK for OCI resource being extended to the target server. The resource tag name on the source node is displayed by default.|
- Click Next Server if you want to extend the same RK for OCI resource to another node in your cluster and repeat the steps. If you click Finish, LifeKeeper will verify that the extension of the RK for OCI resource was completed successfully.
Thanks for your feedback.
Post your comment on this topic.