This operation can be started from the Edit menu, or initiated automatically upon completing the Create Resource Hierarchy option, in which case you should refer to Step 2 below.
- On the Edit menu, select Resource, then Extend Resource Hierarchy. The Pre-Extend Wizard appears. If you are unfamiliar with the Extend operation, click Next. If you are familiar with the LifeKeeper Extend Resource Hierarchy defaults and want to bypass the prompts for input/confirmation, click Accept Defaults.
- The Pre-Extend Wizard will prompt you to enter the following information.
Note: The first two fields appear only if you initiated the Extend from the Edit menu.
|Template Server||Enter the server where your Postfix resource is currently in service.|
|Tag to Extend||Select the Postfix resource you wish to extend.|
|Target Server||Enter or select the server you are extending to.|
|Switchback Type|| Select either intelligent or automatic. The switchback type can be changed later, if desired, from the General tab of the Resource Properties dialog box.
Note: Remember that the switchback strategy must match that of the dependent resources to be used by the Postfix resource.
Select or enter a priority for the template hierarchy. Any unused priority value from 1 to 999 is valid, where a lower number means a higher priority (the number 1 indicates the highest priority). The extend process will reject any priority for this hierarchy that is already in use by another system. The default value is recommended.
|Target Priority||Either select or enter the priority of the hierarchy for the target server.|
- After receiving the message that the pre-extend checks were successful, click Next.
- LifeKeeper will display a series of dialog boxes for the Postfix resource to be extended, some of which cannot be edited.
|Root Tag||LifeKeeper will provide a default tag name for the new Postfix resource instance on the target server. The default tag name is the same as the tag name for this resource on the template server. If you enter a new name, be sure it is unique on the target server. You may use letters, numbers and the following special characters: – _ . /|
|Binary Directory (Information Only)||This dialog box is for informational purposes only. You cannot change the Binary Directory that appears in the box.|
|Configuration Directory (Information Only)||This dialog box is for informational purposes only. You cannot change the Configuration Directory that appears in the box.|
If the IP and Filesystem dependent resource are also being extended, LifeKeeper will display a series of dialog box for the resources, some of which cannot be edited.
- After receiving the message “Hierarchy extend operations completed” click Next Server to extend the hierarchy to another server, or click Finish if there are no other extend operations to perform.
- After receiving the message “Hierarchy Verification Finished”, click Done.
Post your comment on this topic.