This option will create only the NetRAID device (not a file system) and place the device under LifeKeeper protection. You should select this option if you only want to create a DataKeeper device on a disk or partition and place the device under LifeKeeper protection. You will need to manually make and mount a file system on this device in order to create a readable mirror. You will need one free disk or partition for this resource type.
- Enter the following information when prompted:
|Source Disk or Partition|| The list of Source Disks or Partitions in the drop-down list contains all the available disks or partitions that are not:
The drop-down list will also filter out special disks or partitions, for example, root (/), boot (/boot), /proc, floppy and cdrom.
Note: The source disk or partition must be uniquely identifiable. Starting in v9.5.0, LifeKeeper will no longer allow the device name to be used to identify a device.
- The following screen will display if you select a source disk or partition that is not shared.
- Provide the remaining information to finish configuring the resource.
|DataKeeper Resource Tag||
Select or enter a unique DataKeeper Resource Tag name for the DataKeeper resource instance.
|Bitmap File|| Enter the bitmap filename. The default filename is /opt/LifeKeeper/bitmap_$TAG.
Important: The bitmap file should not reside on a btrfs filesystem (or any other LifeKeeper for Linux unsupported filesystem). Placing data replication bitmap files on these filesystems will result in an “invalid argument” error when LifeKeeper tries to configure the mirror.
- Click Next.
- An information window appears notifying you that you will have to manually make the file system and mount the NetRAID device (/dev/mdX) before being able to use it.
Click Create to create your DataKeeper device on the local disk or partition.
- An information box appears and LifeKeeper will verify that you have provided valid data to create your DataKeeper resource. If LifeKeeper detects a problem, an ERROR will appear in the information box. If the validation is successful, your resource will be created.
Click Next to continue.
- An information box appears announcing the successful creation of your DataKeeper resource device. You must Extend the hierarchy to another server in your cluster to begin data replication and in order to place it on the backup/target server and under LifeKeeper protection.
Click Continue to extend the resource, or click Cancel if you wish to extend your resource at another time.
If you click Continue LifeKeeper will launch the Pre-extend Wizard.
Post your comment on this topic.