- There are four ways to begin creating a resource hierarchy.
- Right-click on a server icon to bring up the server context menu, then click on Create Resource Hierarchy.
- On the global toolbar, click on the Create Resource Hierarchy button.
- On the server context toolbar, if displayed, click on the Create Resource Hierarchy button.
- On the Edit menu, select Server, then click on Create Resource Hierarchy.
- A dialog entitled Create Resource Wizard will appear with a list of all recognized recovery kits installed within the cluster. Select the Recovery Kit that builds resource hierarchies to protect your application and click Next.
- Select the Switchback Type and click Next.
- Select the Server and click Next. Note: If you began from the server context menu, the server will be determined automatically from the server icon that you clicked on, and this step will be skipped.
- Continue through the succeeding dialogs, entering whatever data is needed for the type of resource hierarchy that you are creating.
LifeKeeper Application Resource Hierarchies
If you install LifeKeeper without any recovery kits, the Select Recovery Kit list includes options for File System or Generic Application by default. The Generic Application option may be used for applications that have no associated recovery kits.
If you install the Raw I/O or IP Recovery Kits (both of which are Core Recovery Kits that are packaged separately and included on the LifeKeeper Core media), the Select Recovery Kit list will provide additional options for these Recovery Kits.
See the following topics describing these available options:
Creating a File System Resource Hierarchy
Creating a Generic Application Resource Hierarchy
Creating a Raw Device Resource Hierarchy
See the IP Recovery Kit Technical Documentation for more information.
Recovery Kit Options
Each optional recovery kit that you install adds entries to the Select Recovery Kit list; for example, you may see Oracle, Apache, and NFS Recovery Kits. Refer to the Administration Guide that accompanies each recovery kit for directions on creating the required resource hierarchies.
Post your comment on this topic.