The Virtual Network is an Azure resource that represent a local network. Different Virtual Networks can be defined within the Azure cloud to logically separate different systems.
Refer to the Azure documentation for more information.
In this section we will create a Virtual Network for testing LifeKeeper (we will name it LK-VNET) as follows:
- Select “Virtual networks” from the home screen to see current list of virtual networks, then click “Create” located at the top.
- In the “Virtual networks” wizard, select the resource group LK-QSG, the virtual network LK-VNET and the region to create the virtual network.
Once you enter the values, click “Next: IP Addresses”.
- Enter the CIDR block for this virtual network as 10.20.0.0/16. Once you enter the CIDR block, click “Add subnet“ to define a subnet.
- Specify the name of the subnet LK-subnet and its CIDR block 10.20.0.0/22.
Once you specify them, click “Add” at the bottom.
- Now parameters for both the virtual network and the subnet are defined. Click “Review + create”.
- Once the wizard validates the parameters, click “Create” to create a virtual network.