The ABAP+Java Configuration comprises the installation of:
- Central Services Instance for ABAP (ASCS Instance)
- Enqueue Replication Server Instance (ERS instance) for the ASCS Instance (optional) (Both the ASCS Instance and the SCS Instance must each have their own ERS instance)
- Central Services Instance for Java (SCS Instance)
- Enqueue Replication Server Instance (ERS Instance) for the SCS Instance (optional)
- Database Instance (DB Instance) – The ABAP stack and the Java stack use their own database schema in the same database
- Primary Application Server Instance (PAS)
- Additional Application Server Instances (AAS) – It is recommended that Additional Application Server Instances (AAS) be installed on hosts different from the Primary Application Server Instance (PAS) Host
Switchover Cluster for an SAP Dual-stack (ABAP+Java) System
In the above example, ASCS and SCS are in a separate LifeKeeper hierarchy from the Database and these Central Services Instances are active on a separate server from the Database.
Example SAP Hierarchy
Thanks for your feedback.
Post your comment on this topic.