Check the connection to the database from the remote client.
- Install the Oracle client software on the client.
- Ensure that the resource is active on the primary node.
- Connect to the database via the listener from the remote client using the virtual IP address for connection.
- Switch over the Oracle Database resource from the LifeKeeper GUI. Right-click the Oracle Database resource and select In Service.
- The switchover is completed.
- Connect from the remote client via the listener as follows (access with the cluster host name).
- It was confirmed that the same IP address (virtual IP address) can be used to connect to Oracle before and after switching.