Your LifeKeeper configuration must meet the following requirements prior to the installation of the LifeKeeper for Linux Postfix Recovery Kit. Please see SIOS Protection Suite Installation Guide for specific instructions regarding the configuration of your LifeKeeper hardware and software.
- Servers – LifeKeeper for Linux supported servers configured in accordance with the requirements described in SIOS Protection Suite Installation Guide and SPS for Linux Release Notes.
- Data Storage – The Postfix Recovery Kit can be used in conjunction both with shared storage and with replicated storage provided by the LifeKeeper Data Replication product.
- TCP/IP software. Each server also requires the TCP/IP software.
- LifeKeeper software. You must install the same version of LifeKeeper software and any patches on each server.
- LifeKeeper for Linux IP Recovery Kit. You must have the same version of the LifeKeeper IP Recovery Kit on each server.
- IP network interface. Each server requires at least one Ethernet TCP/IP-supported network interface. In order for IP switchover to work properly, user systems connected to the local network should conform to standard TCP/IP specifications.
Note: Even though each server requires only a single network interface, you should use multiple interfaces for a number of reasons: heterogeneous media requirements, throughput requirements, elimination of single points of failure, network segmentation, and so forth.
- Postfix software. Each server must have the Linux distribution version of the Postﬁx software installed and configured before you can configure LifeKeeper and the Postﬁx Recovery Kit. The same version should be installed on each server. Consult the SPS for Linux Release Notes or your sales representative for the latest release compatibility and ordering information.
Thanks for your feedback.
Post your comment on this topic.