The SIOS Protection Suite (SPS) for Linux Logical Volume Manager (LVM) Recovery Kit provides logical volume support for other SPS Recovery Kits. Thus, SPS-protected applications can take advantage of the benefits offered by the Logical Volume Manager, including simplified storage management and the ability to dynamically re-size volumes as needs change.
The LVM Recovery Kit is different from most other SPS Recovery Kits in that it is never used alone but always as a dependency of another SPS resource. As such, many of the operations typically associated with an SPS Recovery Kit – for example, creating a hierarchy – are not directly applicable to the LVM Recovery Kit.
This guide explains the following topics:
- Documentation and References. Provides a list of related SPS for Linux documents and where to find them, along with references to a number of helpful documents about the LVM product.
- Requirements. Describes the hardware and software necessary to properly set up, install and operate the LVM Recovery Kit. Refer to the SPS for Linux Installation Guide for specific instructions on how to install or remove the SPS for Linux software.
- Overview. Provides a general description of the LVM Recovery Kit and corresponding resource types.
- SPS LVM Hierarchy Creation and Administration. Includes a detailed description of LVM Recovery Kit administration tasks through SPS.
- Troubleshooting. Provides a list of informational and error messages with recommended solutions.
Thanks for your feedback.
Post your comment on this topic.